Are you attending the OPA Convention? Here are 5 tips to get the most from your Convention experience.
1. Sit next to someone you don’t know. While Convention is a great time to connect with old friends, it’s also a wonderful opportunity to meet new people. You may meet a new mentor or mentee who could be valuable resource.
2. Ditch the distractions. Turn off your phone and put away your newspaper so you can fully
participate in the program.
3. Take notes. Make sure you bring a notebook or tablet so you can write down important take-aways.
4. Open your mind to new ideas. Be willing to hear something new that you can apply to your current practice.
5. Learn outside the workshops. Visit with exhibitors to learn about what they are offering and learn about various OPA committees.