OPA Communications & Technology Committee
The Communication and Technology Committee (CTC)’s primary priority is to promote the use of technology in the practice of psychology by providing information and guidance to psychologists in Ohio about telepsychology.
If you have an interest in technology and its use by psychologists, consider joining the committee. Contact Dr. Marc Dielman.
- Monitor advances in technology and inform the OPA Board and membership about ways technology may be used in the practice of psychology
- Advise the planning of OPA’s public relations and marketing efforts
- Guide the planning for OPA publications, including the website and listserv, relative to topics, content and guest editors
- Actively educate about and promote the use of telepsychology with OPA members
- Provide editorial resources to OPA publications
- Keep informed about telepsychology laws, regulations, and guidelines
- With OPA Central Office staff manage, the OPA listservs for compliance with rules and guidelines
- Provide information about telepsychology on the OPA listserv and OPA publications
- Advocate for the provision of telepsychology education and training opportunities for Ohio psychologists
The Ohio Psychologist is a peer-reviewed publication with primarily practice-orientated articles. The Editor of The Ohio Psychologist is a co-chair of the CTC. The Ohio Psychologist Review is published three times annually and is designed to bring members up-to-date information about statewide and national issues that affect psychologists and consumers. Past issues of all publications are available in the my opa section. Non-members may purchase an annual subscription to the print publication at a rate of $50 per year – contact the Director of Finance and Operations for more information or to purchase a subscription.
Articles submitted for publication in The Ohio Psychologist are carefully reviewed by three peer reviewers, and reviewer feedback is provided to each author and changes are made by the author(s) to manuscripts before they are officially accepted for publication.
Publication Peer Reviewers
The current peer reviewers for The Ohio Psychologist are:
Kerm Almos, PhD
Paule Steichen Asch, PhD
William Bauer, PhD
Milton Becknell, PhD
Charles Dolph, PhD
Marc Dielman, PhD
Ky Heinlen, PhD
Jeanne Jenkins, PhD
Andrea Karkowski, PhD
Kathryn MacCluskie, PhD
Janette McDonald, PhD
Sabato Sagaria, PhD
Carol Smith, PhD
Elizabeth Swenson, PhD
Richard VanVoorhis, PhD
Annual Board Reports
OPA Recommendations for Areas of Competence for Psychologists in Telepsychology
Ohio Board of Psychology Telepsychology Rules
OPA Telepsychology Guidelines (2010)
OPA Listserv Rules and Guidelines
Telepsychology Practices: Ohio Guidelines
Psychologists Use of E-mail with Clients: Some Ethical Considerations
Telemental Health Bibliography – Telemental Health Institute
Telehealth Online Resources – Zur Institute
2011 OPA Convention Presentation
2010 OPA Convention Presentation
2008 Toledo Area Academy of Professional Psychologists
2008 OPA Convention Website Presentation
2008 OPA Convention Supervision Presentation
2008 APA Telepsychology Presentation Guidelines
2008 APA Guidelines Handout
2007 OPA Guidelines
View the News section to see all CTC meeting minutes.
OPA Communication/Technology Committee Members
Marc Dielman, Ph.D., Co-Chair
Mark Babula, Psy.D.
Gary Carrington, Ph.D.
Jon Elhai, Ph.D.
Audrey Ellenwood, Ph.D., Co-Chair and Editor, The Ohio Psychologist
Kathleen Heinlein, Ph.D.
Paule Steichen Asch, Ph.D.
Cynthia VanKeuren, Psy.D.
Staff: Denise Brenner, Heather Gilbert and Michael Ranney
Contact the Central Office or the above listed Committee Chair if you are interested in participating with this group.