Welcome to the OPA-MCE Office
The current biennium began on September 1, 2012 ends on August 31, 2014. Hours accrued prior to September 1, 2012 DO NOT carry over into the 2012-14 biennium. Check your transcript online by entering your license number and PIN in the box to the right, and submit your missing hours today!
Access Reporting Forms and Instructions here.
Submit Upcoming Courses to the MCE Calendar by logging in to the blue box on the right with your Provider number and PIN.
Ohio psychologists must earn 23 hours of continuing education every two years to retain their psychology license.
- The current two-year biennium runs from Sept. 1, 2012 to Aug. 31, 2014.
- Hours must be completed by Aug. 31, 2014.
- Licensees must complete 23 hours, with 3 in professional conduct or ethics.
- The OPA-MCE registration fee is $110 for OPA members and $150 for non-members. Late registration fees began accruing on Dec. 1, 2012.
Check the OPA-MCE Calendar for upcoming events and deadlines.
- If you take an APA approved course, send the certificate AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE IT, either via e-mail; via fax to 614-224-6702; or via mail to OPA-MCE, 395 E. Broad St. #310, Columbus, OH 43215.
- If you take an OPA-MCE approved course, make sure you sign the attendance sheet. The provider has 45 days to send us the attendance sheet. We must receive the attendance sheet from the provider before we can enter these courses onto your transcript.
- If you take a course that was non-approved, wrote a book/book chapter or taught a graduate level course, you must fill out the Single Course Review Form. OPA members receive FREE single course reviews, and non-members must pay $50 per review. Submit payment for a single course review here.
FAQs (click to open)
When does the current biennium begin and end?
The biennium runs from Sept. 1, 2012 to Aug. 31, 2014.
Hours must be completed by Aug. 31, 2014.
How many hours do I need to complete before Aug. 31, 2014?
You must complete 23 hours, with 3 of those hours in professional conduct/ethics.
What is the registration fee for the biennium?
The fee is $110 for OPA members and $150 for non-members. Late fees begin to accrue on Dec. 1, 2012. Current OPA members pay no course review fees while non-members pay $50 per single course review. Submit payment for a course review here.
Do courses carry over from one biennium to the next?
When do I send in my certificates?
Send them in as you earn them. Do NOT hold them until the end of the biennium.
I took a course from an APA approved provider. What do I need to do to get the credit on my certificate?
Email, fax, or mail a copy of the certificate to the OPA-MCE Office at the following address/fax. Be sure your name, license number, and the number of CE credits earned is on the certificate and it states that it is APA approved.
395 East Broad Street, Suite 310
Columbus, OH, 43215-1599
I took a course from a non-approved course provider. How can I get credit for it?
Complete the Single Course Review Form, enclose payment of$50 if you are not an OPA member (or pay online here), and attach the certificate of attendance AND brochure or explanation of the course and the presenters to the OPA-MCE office at the address above. View the Psychologist Quick Review for more information.
How do I find out about upcoming MCE courses in Ohio?
Visit the OPA-MCE Calendar, which is updated frequently with courses approved for continuing education by the OPA-MCE Office.
How can I get my PIN number?
Enter your license number and last name here, and your PIN will be e-mailed to the address on file. If you do not receive this information in 24 hours, call 614-224-9620.
How do I get a copy of my transcript?
Enter your license number and PIN in the box above, right and click on the OPA MCE button on the left hand side. Click print.
How do I obtain a waiver from the OPA-MCE requirement?
Contact the State Board of Psychology-Ohio at 614-466-8808.
I published a book/taught a graduate student course/etc… how do I get credit?
Fill out the Single Course Review Form. For books (20 CE), articles and chapters (7 CE), use the date it was published or accepted for publishing and include the book, article or chapter. For courses taught, include the syllabus and a letter from your department stating that you taught the course between two exact dates. Number of CE earned equals face-to-face classroom hours.
About the OPA-MCE biennium
- The biennium runs from Sept. 1, 2012 to Aug. 31, 2014.
- Hours must be completed by Aug. 31, 2014.
- You must complete 23 hours, with 3 in professional conduct or ethics. If you are newly licensed, click here because your requirement may be different.
- The registration fee is $110 for OPA members and $150 for non-members. Late fees begin accruing on Dec. 1, 2012.
About the OPA-MCE Office
According to Ohio law, which was revised in 2002, a psychologist must earn 23 credit hours of continuing education each biennium. Per Ohio law and regulations, psychologists are REQUIRED to record these hours with one of two organizations named in the Ohio Revised Code: the Ohio Psychological Association (OPA) or the Ohio School Psychologists’ Association (OSPA).