Webinars and Home Studies
1 CE Webinars
Ethics – Access to and Charging for Records (Ethics CE)
HIPAA: Changes to the Privacy and Security Rules (Ethics CE)
PQRS Webinar: How to do it and not lose money in 2015 (This is a member-only benefit that requires logging in to access my opa. The webinar can be found on the Professional Issues and Resources page under Medicare.)
2 CE Webinars
3 CE Webinars
Pain Management in Daily Clinical Practice: Practical Tools for Caring for the Patient and the Provider
The Ohio Psychological Association is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Ohio Psychological Association maintains responsibility for these programs and the content presented.
The Ohio Psychological Association offers CE credit home studies that you can download and complete. The following are available. Note that if you have previously taken any of these courses and received credit, you cannot receive credit for taking it again in the new CE tracking biennium. We are currently accepting new home studies to offer. If interested, contact Joan Bowman, Director of Membership and Education.
- OPA Emotional Intelligence Home Study (2.0 CE)
Using Emotional Intelligence with Negative People (2.0 CE)
Note: This course was posted on the OPA Web site on Nov. 20, 2007 during the 2006-08 biennium.
Author: Michael Kravitz, Ph.D.
While factual knowledge, how-to skills and IQ continue to be important as requirements for job success, emotional intelligence skills have become even more crucial and valuable. Relationships with clients, their families and additional helping professionals rely on the ability to use emotional intelligence skills. The added benefits of personal satisfaction, combined with a successful career, make emotional intelligence a key competency for any clinician.
Instructions: (also included when you download the Home study questionnaire below)
1. Print the answer sheet for the OPA home study course, to be signed, completed and returned to OPA for scoring
2. Print the questionnaire and indicate the correct answer on your answer sheet, after reading the guidelines
3. Download the reading material for the course.
4. Respond to each of the following questions, and indicate the correct answer on your answer sheet, after reading the guidelines
5. Send completed answer sheet with payment of $40 (OPA/Other State PA members)/$60 (non-members) to: OPA Home Study, 395 E. Broad St. #310, Columbus, Ohio 43215 or fax to (614) 224-2059. OPA Member CE coupons are accepted. Payment options: fill-in the credit card information on answer sheet or issue check to Ohio Psychological Association.
6. Tests will be graded by the OPA staff and a certificate of completion or notice of failure will be sent within 14 business days of test receipt. A score of 80% or higher is required to receive CE credit. In the event of a lower score, one free re-take will be allowed. Total time to read the guidelines, review and respond to the questions is approximately two hours.