HIPAA: Changes to the Privacy and Security Rules
Presenter: Bobbie Celeste, PhD, OPA Director of Professional Affairs
Level: Beginner | Credits: 1 CE Ethics
Cost: Members–$25, Non-Members–$40, Students: $10 (no CE)
- View and/or print the webinar quiz and print the answer sheet.
- View the webinar.
- Print and send the answer sheet with payment.
This webinar will summarize the HIPAA changes that become effective on September, 23, 2013.
There are not huge changes since most of these rules were introduced in the interim final rules previously. However, there are enough small changes that psychologists need to be aware of them and implement them into their practices.
- Learn what the changes are in the HIPAA Final Rules
- Have your questions answered or find out where to get more information
- Be prepared to implement changes in your practice and know who else you need to recruit to help (e.g. your attorney, business associates, APA HIPAA Resources)
About The Speaker
Bobbie Celeste, PhD, is the Director of Professional Affairs for the Ohio Psychological Association, where she advocates for psychologists and consumers at the statehouse and on Capitol Hill. Answering questions on insurance, state and federal regulations, and psychology practice changes keeps her busy and up-to-date on what psychologists need. One of her favorite activities is involving graduate students and early career psychologists in the public policy process through OPA’s Legislative Day. In her private practice, she helps adults find their life path. She is a member of COPA and APA and assists with the foster youth program, A Home Within.